The Family

The Family
our boys

Friday, March 5, 2010

Worried about what girls think so soon???

The boys and I were playing outside (finally decent weather - meaning in the 40's!). Adam had been riding his bike so he had his helmet on, but at this point in our day, he was walking, not on the bike. A group of girls, around 12 or 13(??) came walking towards us and as they got closer, Adam says, "Mom, I'm going to take my helmet off." The girls say hi and ask what Chance's name is. After they passed I said, "Why did you take your helmet off?" Adam says, "Because I didn't want them to think I looked silly with my helmet on." I asked why would he look silly and he said, "Because it has ducks on it and I don't want them to see me with helmet with ducks on it." How did this start already!?!?!?!

I was so excited when we went out because when Adam went for his bike Alex said to me, "Alex's bike? Ride Alex's bike?" and he ran over to the 12 inch bike that is now his and tried to get on it! He didn't have much interest before winter so this was so great. Of course, the training wheels are on it because Adam first learned to ride without training wheels on that one. And I had no idea where Travis had put them. So I pushed Alex around bent over the bike, but with a huge smile on my face. I imagined telling Travis would being surprise and delight and sure enough, he was so happy! The training wheels will be back on the bike tomorrow and we are planning a nice family walk!!

No comments:

Post a Comment