The Family

The Family
our boys

Friday, March 5, 2010

Adam sold me out

So a few days ago, Adam and were in the car after dropping Alex off at school. And I was thinking about my plans for the day and Adam had asked me to turn up the radio so The Backyardigans were cranked up. Of course, I got pulled over right by the school for speeding! (I'm surprised I didn't have any phone calls from friends because it was drop off time and everyone was out.) Anyway, I was going 7 miles over so the officer gave me a warning. Adam is asking a ton of questions, "Are you going to jail?", "Were you really going fast?". And then he asks, "What is Daddy going to say?" Not thinking, I said, a little under my breath, "I'm not telling Daddy." Big mistake!!! Adam says, "But, Mom, we don't lie". I tell him, no I'm not going to lie - I will tell him. I just know that he'll be disappointed and rightfully so. Adam tells me that he wants to tell his whole class that I had been pulled over by a cop for speeding (he hadn't been to school yet that morning). I ask him not to, that it is embarrassing because I broke the law and he starts pleading, "Come on, Mom! My friends will love the story. I have to tell them." At this point I'm so mad at myself and getting mad at Adam so I tell him, whatever, do what you want, but I am telling Daddy because it's my story to tell.

Fast forward to that evening at dinner. Travis hadn't been home for more than 10 minutes and Adam says, "Mom. Did you tell Dad what happened today?" And I say, "No, Adam, but I will now" and I look at T and say "you aren't going to like this". And I tell him that I was pulled over today for speeding but I got a warning. And Travis just shakes his head, not really reacting. So Adam says, "And I told everyone in my class today. And they said that it is really bad that mommy was speeding and it's really dangerous." Travis tried to hide a chuckle. Adam then asked, "Dad, are you mad at Mommy?" My most-awesome husband just said, "She's a big girl. She knows what she is doing." Adam, this story will come back and bite you in the rear one day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment