The Family

The Family
our boys

Monday, March 1, 2010

first trip away for mom and dad

So most of you know about the trip T and I made to Tucson a few weeks ago. I really wanted to blog this for my "journaling for the boys". It was our first real trip away and Grandma Carol came to stay with the boys. After taking her on the "tour of our morning drop off" and leaving her with a two-page "this is how our day usually goes" and emergency contact list, we left the three of them to their fun. We know how much Adam loves Grandma - he wants nothing to do with T and me when she is around, but we weren't sure how Alex was going to do. No worries! All went well. Just like normal, they were late their first morning out because Alex had pooped just as they were about to leave. Grandma and Adam enjoyed a few mornings at Starbucks. And Alex got his Target popcorn and a trip to Petsmart. Grandma sounded exhausted but extremely happy and the boys didn't really want to us so I'd say it was a success!! And Trav and I enjoyed a really great get-a-way. Now we just need to schedule the next trip!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment